Stuffed Peppers! That is what has been on my mind for the last few hours. This evening Austin starts moving into his new home! I thought it would be most appropriate to take this opportunity to celebrate by making delicious food.
Stuffed with Wellness Peppers
- Bell Peppers (six or so)
- Cauliflower (half a head)
- White Onion (half)
- Garlic (half a head)
- Spices: Thyme, Oregano, Basil (About 2 tsp each)
- Tomato Paste (small 8oz can)
- Green Chilies (small can)
- Mushrooms (the real deal or canned)
- Shredded or Ground Meat. Spicy Sausage is a fantastic option! (I like to make shredded chicken in the crock pot and use that.)
1. Chop and dice everything. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Cauliflower makes a great rice substitute and is absolutely delicious in dishes like this. You can finely chop it, process it, or grate it to create a rice-like texture. YUM!
2. Cut off the tops of the bell peppers. Scoop out the seeds inside. Spoon in mixture and pack down until completely full.
3. Place in a large baking dish. I tend to always have left over filling after stuffing the peppers. I just place it around the peppers like so:
4. Place in a 350 degree oven. Bake for an hour. An alternative to using the oven is to place the peppers into a large crockpot for six hours on low.
Oh man, let me tell you, my little house is smelling pretty fantastic right about now. When you eat well, you feel well. I am excited to share these with Aust!