When I started this little collection of writing I liked to write about the food I made. So, on this lovely Monday evening I took a break from the craziness and made a coconut flour berry cobbler. It was pretty tasty! Here is the recipe I sorta followed from the blog Primally Inspired:
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or butter or ghee)
- ¼ cup pure raw honey or pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut milk (or any other type of milk)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups of frozen or fresh mixed berries (or any fruit)
- 1 additional tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and half of it zested
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an 8×8 baking dish, add the 1 tablespoon coconut oil, fruit, fresh lemon juice and zest from half that lemon.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, ¼ cup coconut oil, honey, coconut milk and vanilla.
- Mix in the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt until it forms a batter.
- Drop the batter by spoonfuls all over the top of the fruit. You can leave it as spoonfuls or smooth it out.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and top is done and golden brown.